As I mentioned earlier today, I was nominated for a Very Inspirational Blogger Award by Emily at http://www.theweightrundown.com (btw, I can’t seem to add links properly so this post is going to look a bit like a dog’s breakfast–my apologies)
Emily’s blog documents her weight loss journey and her fun details about her life from stories about her amazing will power in avoiding work festivity treats, lovely stories about her family–including an incredibly touching post about her grandfather, or different exercise challenges that she undertakes. In fact, several weeks ago, we served to mutually motivate each other in running at a bit of a speedier pace. Seriously, if you haven’t checked out her blog–please do–the link is above–I know you will love it as much as I do.
Part of the dealy-o with receiving this lovely award is to provide seven facts about yourself and then pass on the blog love to seven other bloggers and let them know!
Here are my seven random facts:
1. I have had several strange celebrity encounters. The weirdest was having Prince drop his gum in my hair at an after show of this that I attended about 10 years ago. He pulled it out of my hair, apologized and gave me a half hug.
2. My favourite guilty pleasure songs for speed work are: Womanizer and Toxic (Britney Spears), Stronger and Power (by Kanye West), and Fergalicious by Fergie.
3. I haven’t had my natural hair colour since I was 15 years old. I had dyed my hair blue and it stained my hair–and so started my long term relationship with hair dye. In fact, I am not even sure what colour my hair is as I get it coloured as soon as I begin to notice a bit of roots.
4. It drives me absolutely batty when the gym is busy, all the treadmills are being used and I see people slowly sauntering (ie completely healthy, able bodied people not putting forth any effort) on the treadmills. It makes me want to kick them off to the track and let them saunter there so I can get in a proper workout on the treadmills. I know it’s wrong and probably makes me a bad person to think that…but alas…that is the case.
5. I have no idea what I want to do for the rest of my life in terms of a career and it scares the bejesus out of me. I feel like, at nearly 32 years of age and with 2 university degrees, I should have this figured out already. Alas, I have not and I really want a career path where I will be engaged and fulfilled, rather than bored and uninspired.
6. I am not good with criticism or snarky comments. I take it way too personally and well, I never think of an appropriate response to much later, after the offending comments were made. I want to change this but am not too sure how.
7. I am scared to death to run the Fargo Half Marathon in the second last weekend of May–approx. May 19th. This will be the first race that I have properly trained for since 2010 and I’m scared about how I will do. I want to run well and strong…but I’m afraid I will have a bad day or a migraine and I won’t run…or run well and it will be hugely disappointing.
Now…here are the blogs that I want to nominate: Btw this thing is not letting me link properly so please forgive the horrible looking links.
1. http://coachcrystalspadawan.wordpress.com I love this blog and the blogger–always filled with humour and encouragement and, obviously inspiration!
2. http://weightlossandcorinne.com Her posts always seem to echo things I am thinking in my head that day…and it sorta freaks me out. Plus she is Canadian and she lives in one of my favourite cities in Canada–Ottawa. A very inspirational weigh loss blog.
3. http://amateurhealthygirl.wordpress.com/ Love her posts whether they are about avoiding junk food, reasons to run or yoga. She does a great job and again, please check her out!
4. http://hungryhealthymj.com/ I have been reading Melissa’s blog for awhile and it’s truly inspiring. She’s been dealing with a back injury for awhile and is now back into running and the ways she dealt with not being able to run, which is clearly one of her passions is incredibly motivating. Plus she likes boozey cocktails like me! SCORE!
5. http://marathonsweetheart.com Brittny always has great posts since most of them are about inspiring one to run, I am giving her extra props.
6. http://tiarefitness.com A lot of amazing posts on changing your life as well as your fitness. Tiare writes from the heart and it can’t help but make you feel good and ready to take on whatever challenges lay ahead–be it fitness, career or well, anything.
7. http://whitlikesfit.com I only recently started following Whit Likes Fit and well, it’s awesome!
And now I have to let all these lovely people know that I am passing this award to them! So on that note I must jet!