Here is my week three summary of the gratitude challenge…not sure if it is making a difference in my level of contentment yet…but perhaps it takes a bit more than three weeks. lol.
Sunday: (July 8)
1. True Blood texts–as I have mentioned before, I heart, heart, heart my hair stylist–and True Blood. Late Sunday night, my stylist is texting me regarding the craziness of the episode. Was hilarious and awesome and made me realize why I truly adore G!
2. My dad–he sensed a bit of an edge with me lately–like a undercurrent of discomfort or something he couldn’t quite put his finger on. We chatted, he assured me of some things and made me feel like I could accomplish anything.
3. Creepy Dude at the gym–had a guy sneak up beside me on the treadmill at my gym, during my run, and tell me I was his workout hero for they day. He saw me run, and run, and run…and he said it make him keep going to. Later I found out from someone I know that he is a massive creep, but still, it’s nice to have been told you are inspirational to someone.
1. Iced coffees with my friend A at Parlour. This is a new, hipster coffee joint that is located right next to my hair salon. The coffee is ridiculous and puts S’bux to shame. Probably a good thing I don’t work near there.
2. Ate the last piece of my practice birthday cake–learned that sugar is the enemy. So I super, crazy over indulged with sugar this weekend–what with the baking of that glorious cake and all…and I just had to get it out of the house because it is driving me nuts and literally making me sick. The lesson of the day is: this is why I don’t bake for myself. Good thing to know!
3. Towels. This is a random one, but so necessary. Black leather seats in your car during scorching temps is never, EVER a good thing. It is even less so when you are wearing a skirt or a pair of shorts as you will, quite frankly burn the skin off of your legs. I have started keepin an old towel in my car to put on the seats–smartest decision ever!
1. I’m going to Disney World!
2. I’m going to run the Princess Half Marathon in Disney World!!!
3. Did I mention I was going to Disney World? (clearly my mind was on one track today).
1. Headache meds–though they make me feel awful for two days after taking them, it is still better than a migraine.
2. I just showed up–didn’t want to go to the gym. Was tired, not feeling well and crazy sore from cross fit. But. I. Just. Showed. Up.
3. Made a yoga date with my little cousin for Friday night–not that she is so little–she is nearly 21.
1. Great, cathartic lunch and a great friend. Am ever, ever so glad to have her in my life…and her daughter, too.
2. Was super productive at work…which given my massive sleep deprivation, is impressive.
3. Survived cross fit given my current state.
1. Another productive day at work.
2. Caved and bought myself new workout clothes (yesterday’s smelled horribly after only one use–time for new stuff) and I can’t wait to use them for my planned 5 miler.
3. Hot yoga with my little cousin…and the class fee goes to charity–how much better can you get? Especially when you have to fight off a massive case of giggles caused by the man snoring next to us during the pre-class shavasanah. lol.
1. Seeing my Ottawa friends R&K. K’s parents are in town from India, so there is a big bbq happening–guess who is bringing the key lime pie?
2. My massage–after messing up my shoulder at cross fit somehow (I think I might’ve been using too much weight), I got a last minute massage–SO. HAPPY.
3. Got to wear my new run gear during my pre-bbq run!! YAY!