DISCLAIMER! I thought I had posted this yesterday…but alas, I did not–so here it is on Saturday. Enjoy!
I’m keeping my Friday Fab Five post very simple for the week. Simply put, I’m just talking about stuff–namely five things that I am really loving right now.
1. No. More. Winter. Gear. Or so I hope….I really do hope that this is the end of all the crappy and cold weather for Winnipeg. With warm temperatures finally hitting today (high is in the double digits–which is like, high 50s-low 60s in Fahrenheit), I broke out bare legs and cute, summer only pumps!
2. A band called First Aid Kit, recommended by the lovely Mrs. H at The Hemborg Wife. So loving this band right now! Thanks Mrs. H!
3. Dermalogica Skinperfect Primer is probably my new favourite skin product out there. It is a slightly tinted primer that makes your skin look so nice, you don’t even need any other foundation or powder. When I pop this stuff on, I add a smidge of concealer to any unsightly spots and I am on my way. Plus it makes your skin feel so smooth and not gross like most foundations. The only negative of this product–the hefty price tag. *sigh*
4. RunDisney is doing their best to steal my money. In the last 6-8 weeks, they have announced a bunch of new races and challenges…and it breaks my heart and my bank. So want to run them all! Especially the new Glass Slipper Challenge.
5. Mint Candy Apple nail polish by Essie. Sadly I don’t have a picture of this perfect mint colour to share, but it is amazing. I highly recommend snagging a bottle if you can because it is gorgeous!
What have you found this week that is super fabulous? Let me know in the comments!
Yes, I am still a day late with the challenge–though I am hope I will be up-to-date by the end of the day.
Day 16′s topic is my thoughts around today’s music industry. *sigh* It feels like it is on its death rattle.
Needless to say, I am not a fan of a lot of the trends in music–the Beibers who were “discovered” and create manufactured messes of songs…the trashy pop stars, the karaoke on TV “talents” that become famous. *gag*
I miss people who actually had to work and hone their craft to become famous. I miss people who could just sing without doing that weird Mariah Carey “I can sing 40 octaves and you can’t” diva warble (I long for those early 90′s days when she just sang remember those days? She actually wore clothes back then too). I miss clever lyrics, melodies, good beats and music that is not autotuned or digitally created.
It also bugs me that we have gone from albums of amazing music to singles again. I miss getting an album that you could just put on and let it run. iPods and the priority on disposable, crappy musical “talent” has caused this to happen, I am sure.
The only benefit, I would argue, of today’s music industry is the accessibility. The internet has opened up the playing field for folks to get access to artists they never would’ve heard of or seen before–and I think that is great. It also means that artists’ music is being stolen (not great, obviously) but it also means that they tour more (woo!).
Oh and one more thing–does it bother anyone else that music videos cease to exist anywhere except on YouTube? Oh how I miss the days of MuchMusic (Canada’s equivalent to MTV)….
So that is my very abbreviated rant. I’ll stop now before crazy Beiber fans hunt me down and lynch me in a public square.