Week 20–here’s the gratitude scoop…
1. Slept in until 9:30am.
2. Was a vegetable for the better part of my day. Made me feel like a million bucks.
3. Peeled myself off of the couch for a 60 minute power walk.
1. Quiet day in the office.
2. Ran 5 miles tonight at a 9 minute/mile pace–despite wanting to quit at every possible moment.
3. I was disciplined enough to not only stretch and foam roll after my run, but also make up my breakfast, lunch and early preparations for dinner. I am a rock star!
1. I went to the gym, even with a migraine–yes, I really do that denim jacket.
2. That rock star, Canadian astronaut, Col. Chris Hadfield, made it home safe from his 5 month visit to the International Space Station. His amazing space photography and wonderful music video/cover of David Bowie’s Space Oddity really captured the attention of old and young and arguably re-introduced space to a new generation. One of the many people who makes me a proud Canadian.
3. Cherry Coke Zero. It is one of my favourite treats when I have a headache/migraine. It did not disappoint yesterday, either…especially since it acts as tasty drink, a comfort drink, a source of caffeine (makes the meds work quicker) and a cold compress for my head. All hail Cherry Coke Zero.
1. Woke up to hear birds chirping, which means that spring is here for good…if only they started an hour later…*sigh* 4:45 is way to early for anyone to chirp
2. Mildly successful speed work drills at the gym. I say mildly because I quit after three miles (instead of my planned four) because I was just exhausted. Two nights of no sleep makes for zero mental toughness during a hard run.
3. Popped my iPad on shuffle while I baked sugar cookies and got the most excellent mix of random songs featuring lots of variation like the Stones, Garth Brooks, Sharon Jones and the Dap Kings, Cypress Hill, New Kids on the Block (no, I’m not embarrassed) and Patsy Cline. Made beating that rock hard, refrigerated cookie dough into submission much more pleasant.
1. Super duper productive day at work and play.
2. Made my favourite zucchini noodles for dinner–super healthy but tastes very indulgent.
3. Step two of my niece’s lady bug birthday cookies are complete.
1. Went to the gym twice to make up for spending the night before helping my dad with yard work.
2. My cookies ended up looking pretty good, when finished.
3. Phone date with my friend from Australia, where I got to meet her newborn daughter–my Aussie niece!
1. I have this gratitude list. When one is feeling sad and lonely it is good to be reminded about how fortunate you are.
2. I was able to attend my adopt-a-niece’s birthday and give her birthday cuddles.
3 Russell Brand…simply because he is making me laugh and for whatever strange reason I find him to be somewhat attractive.
Much luv…and perhaps lust (damn you Russell Brand),