Happy Fab and Frosty Friday!
So glad this week is over…though I’m wishing that it wasn’t ending in a blizzard and very cold temperatures….though, I really can’t complain too much–thanks to some home repairs I am working chez Leesah…(or would it be chez nous–wish my parents had enrolled me in French Immersion as a kid)…which lessens the impacts of the aforementioned blizzard.
Since, to some extent, it is a bit of a snow day…and will be a snow night, I am going to share my favourite necessities for staying home during blizzardy conditions…thus…without further ado, here is my Frosty Edition of the Friday Fab Five:
1. Make some sort of warming beverage–coffee, tea, hot chocolate, lemon and hot water, hot toddy, mulled anything…if you like it and it’s warm, whip some up, immediately, in a rather big batch as you might be sticking around for a while.
2. Gather your cozy entertainment. I would have a few options if the power goes out like it has threatened to in my place since I started writing this post. Gather some movies, some books/magazines. If you are into crafting like knitting/crocheting, scrapbooking, etc., those are great activities to do with this new-found chill time.
3. Build on your desire for coziness and warmth. Find your blankets and pillows, slippers, wooly socks, and sweaters. There is something about these items that just make you feel wonderful when you know it is miserable outside. Also gather some candles and matches. It not only adds to the ambiance, but power failures tend to happen during blizzards and it’s much easier than stumbling in the dark for matches and candles.
4. Food–make sure it is all comfort based. Be it cookies, mac and cheese, chicken noodle soup, chili…just make sure it brings you a warm and cozy vibe.
5. A comfortable, horizontal plane. This maybe a couch, a bed or sometimes, even the floor. When it is miserable outside, embrace your ability and the opportunity for a nap if you can. Not only is it easy to nap because of the forced tranquility but it is also fun to wake up and see just how much snow has fallen. Plus, you are going to need the rest if you are going to shovel your driveways and sidewalks.
On that note, I am going to make myself a cup of Dark and Stormy tea (no I didn’t buy it for the blizzard, but I sure as heck am drinking it to fit in with the blizzard theme) and get to work…darn deadlines.
Much luv and stay warm!