Holy cow! Got a big dose of perspective on live and what is important this week–makes me even more appreciative of my gratitude challenge so that it can be recorded and reflected and appreciated.
1. Woke up in my own bed.
2. Morphine–it helped ease my dad’s immense pain for a visit to the emergency room.
3. My dad.
1. My dad is feeling slightly better despite no actual diagnosis from the emergency doctors (very frustrating).
2. I had my follow-up with my doctor on my knees–I have been given the green light to continue running, but to take it easy for the next month so as not to re-injure it.
3. I had decided to take the day off of work months ago–especially in light of my dad’s unanticipated emergency visit.
1. Survived a frazzling and frustrating first day back to work post vacation.
2. Survived my first post vacation/green light run of three miles.
3. Made some delicious green chicken noodle soup for my dad as he has to eat really healthy, not oily/creamy stuff until they figure out what is wrong with him.
1. Found the Kate Spade clutch I have drooled over for a month and a half. Squee!
2. Made it to Calgary in one piece–and the good things about said business trip to Calgary end shortly after arriving.
3. Managed to not get into a car accident while driving around Calgary in a blizzard with no snow tires.
1. My friends R&K announced their pregnancy. Congrats to them!
2. I did nothing all evening–it was heaven.
3. Starbuck’s new Hazelnut Macciatos (I have no idea how to spell this word despite having drunk hundreds of these drinks in my life). They are quite tasty and made the airport seem less like a drag.
1. Baked my test cupcakes–were a huge success. Might’ve found the most delicious vanilla cupcake recipe ever!
2. Lunch with two good friends. These people (as well as two others) were the best things to come out of the time that I worked for a politician.
3. Finally remembered to buy a lotto ticket when I said I was going to (am sad to report that it was not a winner).
1. Hair appointments. Nothing puts me in a better mood than having a hair appointment. Not only do I love chatting with my hairstylist, but I love how I feel after a hair appointment–just so polished and confident and lovely.
2. Coffee date with my running buddy O! I haven’t seen this guy in ages! Was so nice to have a brief catch up over some delicious Parlour lattes.
3. Surprise bachelorette party for my friend T was a total surprise and totally fun. Made all the frazzledness of the day worth it.
Anything you are feeling particularly grateful for this week? Anything happen that made you feel inexplicably happy?